Stockholm (HedgeNordic) – As 2018 comes to an end, the calls of those crying for more volatility in the markets are being answered. And with all chips on the table ahead of the last hours of trading for 2018, hedge funds, in general, are likely to have a negative year on their books. Nordic hedge funds, in particular, are steering towards their worst year since 2011- maybe even since 2008 if December numbers come in really foul and we give up more than half a percent on the Nordic Hedge Index. We at HedgeNordic hope, nonetheless, you were able to spend happy hours feasting, laughing and laying back this festive season.
The end of a year traditionally also marks the time to look back, reflect and revisit. Below we listed some of the highlights from our publications over the course of the year and listed the ten most read articles on HedgeNordic.com during 2018.
- Martin Källström joins Lynx from AP1
- Brummer Multi-Strategy invests in AlphaCrest Systematic Strategies
- SEB’s New Hedge Fund on the Lookout for Opportunities
- Titan Opportunities Joins the NHX
- Round Table: Uncovering Alpha in a “Fat and Flat” Equity Market
- HF Head Matilainen to leave Varma – set up Shop
- Nordic Hedge Fund Industry Report
- Nordic Hedge Funds Suffer Worst Month in Ten Years
- Hedge funds – the right medicine for Swedish pharmacy pension foundation
- Florin Court – Adding Alpha Through Exotic Markets Focus
Wishing you a very happy and prosperous start to 2019!
Very best regards,
PS.: Save the Date for the 2018 Nordic Hedge Award on April 10th 2019
Picture: (c) Rawpixel.com—shutterstock.com