Stockholm (HedgeNordic) – The updated list of nominees for the EuroHedge Awards 2018 features more Nordic hedge funds both in the initial collection of award categories and the new award categories. Adrigo Small & Midcap L/S and Chelonia Market Neutral will compete for the “New Fund of the Year” award.
The EuroHedge Awards aim to recognise and reward this year’s best risk-adjusted performers in the European hedge fund industry across several categories. The updated list of nominees includes additions and changes to the initial round of shortlisted funds announced in November but also includes nominations for the “New Fund of the Year” and “Management Firm of the Year” awards. The updated list also reveals the nominees for the UCITS Fund and Emerging Manager & Smaller Funds awards.
Danske Invest Hedge Fixed Income Opportunities and Danske Invest Hedge Fixed Income Strategies are new additions to the initial list of shortlisted funds, whereas AAM Absolute Return no longer features among the nominees. PriorNilsson Idea and Ress Life Investments were shortlisted for the “Emerging Manager & Smaller Fund” awards.
The updated summary of the Nordic hedge funds nominated for the EuroHedge Awards 2018 can be found below. Names marked in blue are new additions to the original list of nominees announced in November.
- European Equity – under $500m: Keel Capital Foghorn;
- European Equity – over $500m: Bodenholm One, Gladiator;
- Specialist Sector Equity: Rhenman Healthcare Equity Long/Short, Sector Healthcare;
- Fixed Income: Borea European Credit (Hoyrente), HP Hedge, SEB Eureka Fixed Income Relative Value, Danske Invest Hedge Fixed Income Opportunities;
- Specialist Finance: Scandinavian Credit;
- Commodity & Currency: IPM Systematic Currency;
- Long-Term Performance (5 years) – Equity Strategies: Gladiator, Rhenman Healthcare Equity Long/Short;
- Long-Term Performance (5 years) – Macro, Fixed Income & Relative Value: Formuepleje Epikur, Formuepleje Penta;
- Long-Term Performance (10 years) – Equity Strategies: Gladiator;
- Long-Term Performance (10 years) – Macro, Fixed Income & Relative Value: Nektar, Danske Invest Hedge Fixed Income Strategies;
- Emerging Manager & Smaller Fund – Equity Strategies: PriorNilsson Idea;
- Emerging Manager & Smaller Fund – Macro, Fixed Income & Relative Value: Ress Life Investments;
- New Fund of the Year: Adrigo Small & Midcap L/S and Chelonia Market Neutral.
The list is still provisional, as the returns for December are yet to be considered. The final list of nominations will be announced in early January. The winners of the EuroHedge Awards 2018 will be announced on January 24 next year at the Grosvenor House in London. The nominations and winners are decided by a quantitative methodology that considers Sharpe ratios and absolute returns.
Picture © Sanit Fuangnakhon—Shutterstock