Stockholm (HedgeNordic) – Swedish fintech Nowonomics has announced the appointment of a new CEO, Amelie Söderberg, as the previous chief executive Rutger Selin is taking over the reins of wholly-owned fund boutique QQM Fund Management. Selin is replacing Ola Björkmo, who has resigned from his role as CEO and portfolio manager after selling his 28 percent equity stake in QQM back in March.
Nowonomics operates the savings platform Nowo, which offers users the opportunity to save and invest through two funds under QQM’s umbrella: long-only equity fund Nowo Global Fund and systematic market-neutral equity fund QQM Equity Hedge. In 2021, Nowonomics acquired 72 percent of QQM Fund Management from QQM’s partner and portfolio manager Jonas Sandefeldt, COO Grant Loon, and Mangold. Ola Björkmo retained the remaining stake of 28 percent and continued QQM’s development within Nowonomics in his role as CEO and Portfolio Manager.
“I sold my shares in March and after some consideration, I decided it is time to move on. It’s been great fun!”
Björkmo decided to end his journey with QQM and Nowonomics after agreeing to sell his 28 percent stake in QQM in March. “I sold my shares in March and after some consideration, I decided it is time to move on,” Björkmo tells HedgeNordic. “It’s been great fun!” Ola Björkmo and Jonas Sandefeldt have been managing QQM Equity Hedge since July of 2010 employing a purely systematic strategy to build a well-diversified market-neutral portfolio that aims to capture fundamental momentum in listed European companies. Sandefeldt will continue to manage both the long-only equity fund and the systematic market-neutral equity fund.
With the departure of Björkmo from QQM Fund Management and Rutger Selin assuming the CEO position at Nowo’s fund boutique, Amelie Söderberg (pictured) has taken over the day-to-day responsibility as CEO of Nowonomics. Söderberg, who has been a board member of Nowonomics since November 2022, brings extensive experience in senior roles, including CEO roles at Filippa K and for Department and Stores Europe AB, as well as being Europe executive director for Daniel Wellington. She also serves on various boards, including as Chairman of Adlibris and a board member of AMF Fastigheter, among others.
“My goal as CEO at Nowo is to maximize the company’s potential to develop both in Sweden and Europe.”
“During my time as a board member of Nowo, I really immersed myself in the company’s vision and its potential. My goal as CEO at Nowo is to maximize the company’s potential to develop both in Sweden and Europe,” Amelie Söderberg comments on her new role. “I will focus on developing profitability while maintaining a focus on growth. Nowo has all the conditions to become a leader in pension savings. I look forward to being part of driving the company towards this goal.”
Sven Estwall, Chairman of the Board of Nowonomics, highlights the significance of Söderberg’s appointment, stating, “The fact that Amelie is now moving from board work to the role of CEO means that Nowo is getting a strong and driven leader with solid experience in consumer behavior and loyalty-building activities.” According to Estwall, “Amelie’s mission is to develop the company to reach our goals both around becoming a part of all our members’ everyday lives and becoming a company that is established in Europe with a billion valuation.”