Stockholm (HedgeNordic) – EuroHedge has revealed the final list of nominees for the EuroHedge Awards 2019 before the winners are announced at a gala dinner in mid-February in London. After nine Nordic hedge funds had been shortlisted in the first two rounds of nominations, an additional five names from the Nordic industry joined the final list of contenders.
ALCUR Fund and Rhenman Healthcare Equity L/S, which enjoyed one of their best years since inception, joined PriorNilsson Idea, Taiga Fund and six other funds in the race for the best “Specialist Equity” hedge fund of 2019. Danske Invest Hedge Fixed Income Strategies Fund, Danske Bank Asset Management’s flagship fixed-income hedge fund strategy, joined the list of contenders in the “Fixed Income” award category. This category also features Asgard Fixed Income Fund and Danske Invest Fixed Income Global Value, a young global-focused fixed-income hedge fund that saw its assets increase from €274 million to €618 million during 2019 after gaining 11.6 percent last year.
Shortlisted in the “Credit – Under $500m” category, Asgard Credit Fund also features among the five new nominees from the Nordics. Stockholm-based direct lending fund Scandinavian Credit Fund I was also nominated in the “Specialist Finance” award category alongside four other funds. Formuepleje Penta, which maintains a portfolio of stocks, bonds and a small allocation to an equity market-neutral strategy, was shortlisted in the “Multi-Strategy” category.
The final list of shortlists for the EuroHedge Awards 2019 is based on the 12-month performance numbers from January 2019 to the end of December. The nominations for the long-term performance awards, meanwhile, cover the five years from January 2015 to the end of December of last year. The EuroHedge Awards aims to recognize and reward the best risk-adjusted performers in the European hedge fund industry across several categories. The winners are decided by an entirely quantitative process that considers a combination of Sharpe ratios and returns to identify the best risk-adjusted performance.
The winners of the nineteenth annual EuroHedge Awards will be announced and presented at a gala dinner in mid-February in London. A summary of the Nordic hedge funds shortlisted for the EuroHedge Awards 2019 after the final round of nominations can be found below. New nominations are highlighted in green.
- Specialist Equity: ALCUR Fund, PriorNilsson Idea, Rhenman Healthcare Equity L/S and Taiga Fund;
- Credit – Under $500m: Asgard Credit Fund;
- Fixed Income: Asgard Fixed Income Fund, Danske Invest Fixed Income Global Value and Danske Invest Hedge Fixed Income Strategies Fund;
- Specialist Finance: Scandinavian Credit Fund I;
- Commodity & Currency: IPM Systematic Currency Fund;
- Multi-Strategy: Formuepleje Penta;
- Managed Futures – Over $500m: Lynx;
- Emerging Manager & Smaller Fund – Equity Strategies: Accendo Capital and Alcur Select;
- Emerging Manager & Smaller Fund – Macro, Fixed Income & Relative Value: Formue Nord Markedsneutral.