- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Alcur Fonder Greets New Major Shareholder

Report: Systematic Strategies

- Advertisement -

Stockholm (HedgeNordic) – Family-owned investment company JCE, which co-founded Alcur Fonder AB in 2006, announced their decision to sell a 32.5 percent ownership in their company to Bure Financial Services AB, a wholly owned subsidiary of publicly listed investment company Bure Equity AB.

JCE currently has a 40 percent ownership stake in Alcur Fonder, while the remaining 60 percent of shares in the Stockholm-based asset manager are owned by the firm’s employees. Alcur Fonder serves as the management company for the long/short absolute return hedge fund Alcur and the freshly-launched alternative investment fund investing in small and medium-sized companies in the Nordics, Alcur Select. The younger hedge fund returned 6.1 percent in its first three months of operations. Meanwhile, the older fund returned 71.5 percent since its inception in January 2007 through the end of July, corresponding to a compound annual return of 4.8 percent.

Following the completion of the transaction, Alcur Fonder will have a new major shareholder, which communicated plans to invest in the just-mentioned hedge funds. Alcur has assets under management in excess of €100 million.


Picture: (c) By Steve-Heap—shutterstock.com

Subscribe to HedgeBrev, HedgeNordic’s weekly newsletter, and never miss the latest news!

Our newsletter is sent once a week, every Friday.

Eugeniu Guzun
Eugeniu Guzun
Eugeniu Guzun serves as a data analyst responsible for maintaining and gatekeeping the Nordic Hedge Index, and as a journalist covering the Nordic hedge fund industry for HedgeNordic. Eugeniu completed his Master’s degree at the Stockholm School of Economics in 2018. Write to Eugeniu Guzun at eugene@hedgenordic.com

Latest Articles

Ridge Capital Expands Team After Hitting €100 Million Milestone

Stockholm (HedgeNordic) – With its unconventional high-yield bond strategy now exceeding €100 million in assets under management, Ridge Capital is expanding its portfolio management...

“7 Years, Niller, Then You Know a Thing or Two”

Stockholm (HedgeNordic) – There is a Danish saying that goes, “7 years, Niller, then you know a thing or two,” suggesting that seven years...

Brobacke Gains 7.6% in Early July, Predicts Continued Bull Market

Stockholm (HedgeNordic) – After a relatively flat first half of 2024, marked by noticeable month-over-month volatility, discretionary macro fund Brobacke Global Allokering advanced 7.6...

Kristofer Barrett Back to Managing Tech Fund

Stockholm (HedgeNordic) – Kristofer Barrett, the former portfolio manager of the multi-billion-dollar Swedbank Robur Technology fund, has returned to managing a technology-focused equity fund....

Tidan’s Resurgence Amid Markets Needing a Touch of Magic

Stockholm (HedgeNordic) – In late 2021, Michael Falken and his team at Tidan Capital launched a hedge fund employing a capital structure relative value...

The Value of Short Selling for Symmetry

Stockholm (HedgeNordic) – Stock-picking hedge fund Symmetry Invest has achieved a net-of-fees annualized return of 18 percent since its inception just over 11 years...

Allocator Interviews

In-Depth: High Yield


Request for Proposal

- Advertisement -