Stockholm (HedgeNordic). There seems to be no hedge fund award ceremony with at least a good portion of Nordic nominees to be considered. In the latest addition to awards for hedge funds, HFM Global/Hedge Fund Intelligence announced the initial nominations for the inaugural EuroHedge Emerging Fund Manager Awards, which will be announced and presented at an industry dinner in London on 9th November 2017.
The awards aim to recognise excellence in risk-adjusted and absolute return performance among smaller and emerging manager European hedge funds across a variety of investment strategies, timeframes and asset sizes.
Nominations are based on funds’ annualised returns and Sharpe ratios since inception. The minimum asset size for inclusion is $10 million and the maximum asset size is $500 million – with the exception of the longer-term performance awards, where the maximum asset size is $250 million.
The awards categories are divided into four groupings:
- Funds that have been going for up to three years (with inception dates of September 2014 or shorter). Minimum assets $10 million; maximum assets $500 million.
- Funds that have been going for 3-5 years (with inception dates between September 2012 and August 2014). Minimum assets $10 million; maximum assets $500 million.
- Funds that have been going for five years or more, with assets of up to $100 million.
- Funds that have been going for five years or more, with assets of $100-$250 million.
Among the nominees in the various categories, we identified the following Nordic managed funds:
· Runestone Capital Fund
· Pacific Precious A (UCITS)
· Incentive Active Value Fund
· Origo Quest
· Capricorn fxST
· HP Hedge
· STORM Bond Fund (UCITS)
· Nordic Omega
· Borea Global Equities
· Accendo Capital
· HCP Black Fund
· Estlander & Partners FreedomProgram
· Capital Four Credit Opportunities
· PriorNilsson Yield
· AAM Absolute Return Fund
· ALCUR Fund
· Lancelot Camelot Fund
Picture: (c) PsychoShadow—shutterstock