What’s in Store for the HF Industry?
Stockholm (HedgeNordic) – During 2019, the hedge fund industry continued its evolution while assets under management for the industry continued to reach new records. According to Jack Inglis (pictured), the chief executive officer of the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA), “the coming decade heralds a new paradigm for the hedge fund industry, led by business models being disrupted by two mega-trends: increased technological innovation and a greater focus on environmental, social and governance (ESG) challenges.”
In a recent blog post, Jack Inglis outlines seven key trends that AIMA predicts will impact the hedge fund industry throughout 2020. The key trends include:
- From manager-led products to investor-led solutions
- Technology will continue to disrupt hedge funds from front to back office
- ESG factors to play an increasing role in allocation decisions
- Diversity and Inclusion to take the lead in the talent management revolution
- Hedge fund industry moves beyond the 2 and 20 structure
- Private credit to go from niche to mainstream
- Alternatives investment industry will continue to grow
The full blog post by Jack Inglis can be found here.