Stockholm (HedgeNordic) – After the initial nominations for the EuroHedge Awards 2019 were revealed in November, the second round of nominations has now been disclosed. Accendo, Alcur Select and Formue Nord Markedsneutral joined the six Nordic hedge funds that made the original list of nominees.
Activist fund Accendo and long-biased small-cap-focused fund Alcur Select were shortlisted in the “Emerging Manager & Small Fund – Equity Strategies” category alongside three other funds. Alcur Select, managed by Wilhelm Gruvberg since its inception in May last year, is this year’s best-performing Nordic hedge fund with a year-to-date return of 44.3 percent. Accendo, managed by Henri Österlund, Mark H. Shay and Kai Tavakka, currently stands as the third best-performing member of the Nordic Hedge Index in 2019 after gaining 37.6 percent year-to-date to the end of November.
Formue Nord Markedsneutral, which recently collected the prize for the best multi-strategy fund at the HFM European Emerging Manager Awards, has been shortlisted in the “Emerging Manager & Smaller Fund – Macro, Fixed Income & Relative Value” category at the EuroHedge Awards. The Danish market-neutral fund focused on special situations is up 13.5 percent year-to-date after gaining 13.6 percent last year.
The winners of the nineteenth annual EuroHedge Awards will be announced and presented at a gala dinner in mid-February in London. A summary of the Nordic hedge funds shortlisted for the EuroHedge Awards 2019 after the second round of nominations can be found below:
- Specialist Equity: PriorNilsson Idea and Taiga Fund;
- Fixed Income: Asgard Fixed Income Fund and Danske Invest Fixed Income Global Value;
- Commodity & Currency: IPM Systematic Currency Fund;
- Managed Futures – Over $500m: Lynx;
- Emerging Manager & Smaller Fund – Equity Strategies: Accendo Capital and Alcur Select;
- Emerging Manager & Smaller Fund – Macro, Fixed Income & Relative Value: Formue Nord Markedsneutral.